Optimization thanks to standardized repair service for car diagnostic equipment
ETAS GmbH, Vetronix Corporation and SPX Service Solutions GmbH are 100% Bosch daughters and together act as a software and hardware provider for ECU development in the automotive industry. They deliver products and services for automotive embedded systems to vehicle manufacturers and their suppliers.
This includes development tools for ECUs in cars and trucks, as well as real-time operating systems and diagnostic tools. These are used with the aim of expediting development, increasing software quality, and improving error analysis.
BOSCH had a decentralized service structure that did not function in accordance with standardized service processes. This led to friction losses and lack of transparency in the implementation of the service requirements and thus to delays. BOSCH had agreed with the vendors SLAs the delivery of warranty replacement devices. To meet deadline requirements, the stock of spare equipment needed to be expanded.
- Implementation of standardized and transparent service processes
- Reduction of spare equipment stock
- Ensuring contractually guaranteed SLAs
After preparing an analysis, ICS Group developed together with Bosch service processes for the diagnostic devices and implemented them in a centralized way through Bosch Group. As BOSCH authorized Service Center EMEA, the ICS Repair Center is SPOC (single point of contact) for the end customer (garages), providing services such as logistics, analysis, repair, storage, project management, reporting, and 3rd level support.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of service processes for diagnostic devices
- Analysis and repair down to component level
- 3rd-level support for workshops
- Central logistics and warehousing
- Project management and reporting
BOSCH benefits from time and cost savings, both for the introduction and maintenance of the service processes. The productivity of service technicians in the automotive workshops is significantly improved by the steady availability of replacement units. The costs for warranty claims have been reduced significantly. The new procedures reflect an increase in process reliability and transparency.
- Time and cost reduction for the development, implementation and maintenance of service procedures
- Significant productivity increase of service technicians in the automotive workshops
- Cost savings through reduction of replacement inventory
- Process security and transparency
The first step to your individual solution.
About ICS Group - Partnership for your success
We see ourselves as solution providers for sustainable process optimization. Our competencies are infrastructure, consulting and software for the digitalization and automation of your supply chain. You benefit from our many years of international project expertise, which extends across all industries and company sizes. Through consulting, software, hardware and managed services, we are able to meet your challenges with innovative solutions from a single source. We make suggestions that are aimed at achieving your vision, together.