Ruthmann GmbH & Co. KG
The aerial work platform manufacturer
relies on mobile service solutions.
Ruthmann GmbH & Co. KG with headquarters in Gescher-Hochmoor in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, is a leading manufacturer of aerial work platforms and specialized commercial vehicles. Other locations include service stations in Seevetal near Hamburg, Borkheide near Berlin, Groß-Gerau near Frankfurt, Renningen near Stuttgart and Ingolstadt. In Austria, the company is represented by its subsidiary Ruthmann Österreich Ges. mbH in Dobl near Graz and a service station in Maria-Enzersdorf near Vienna. The products STEIGER®, FLEXILOADER® and CARGOLOADER® (lift trucks) are renowned in the industry for their high performance and quality. The main customer groups of the company include landlords, utility companies, municipalities and municipal companies, gardeners and landscapers and craftsmen in the field of STEIGER aerial work platforms.
Ruthmann GmbH & Co. KG
Aerial Work Platform Manufacturer
The project had to consider completely different aspects with regard to technical functionality and integration into the existing processes. One of Ruthmann's main demands on the hardware was that the devices be used for navigation, in addition to the phone function. They also had to be portable yet durable for everyday use at the workplace. One of the greatest challenges the project faced was finding the appropriate support for mobile connection of the device from the telecommunications partner Vodafone.
- Individual service requires fast response
- Identical data is collected several times
- Media disruption through scanning reports
- Lack of transparency about installation status
- Billing process takes too long
To expand the mobile service quality of its customers on site, the aerial work platform manufacturer Ruthmann opted for the mobile field service solution 4mobile Service. Using the new system, the company replaced the previously manually created reports of service engineers by a fully digital format. The collection of data during operations is ensured by the introduction of mobile devices. In order to incorporate the data automatically into their own ERP system, a complete system integration in Dynamics NAV was implemented. The workers on site can now transmit service reports in real time and view current and historical job data. The customer uses its digital signature for service acceptance, which is transmitted directly to the central database to complete the accounting.
- Mobile IT Service Management solution for full digital processing of service orders
- Complete system integration in Dynamics NAV
- Digital signature for service acceptance by customers
- Automatic service reports
- Monitoring current and historical job data
Thanks to the cutting-edge IT infrastructure, transparency in order processing has improved substantially and significantly shortens the order cycle times. The result is a sustainable optimization of internal processes and the information and material flow between headquarters and field service technicians. A good part of efficiency gains since system introduction can be attributed to the Dynamics NAV linked to the solution. The data is now transmitted in real time to the central database and thus lead to much faster processing and accounting. Thanks to the logistic mapping, it is now possible to fully automate stock management in the service vehicle as well as restocking processes.
- More efficient information and material flow
- Cycle time per order shortened considerably
- Reduction of the administrative workload
- Cost savings
- Sustainable optimization of internal processes
- Fault-minimizing order processing and documentation
- Significant improvement of service quality for the customer